Rate Comparison Tool
DC Water has proposed rates for Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21, beginning October 1, 2020) and Fiscal Year 2022 (FY22, beginning October 1, 2021). The rates our customers pay are for water and sewer services, including operation of the largest advanced wastewater treatment plant in the world at Blue Plains.
This rate calculator will help you understand the impact these rates will have on you. With a few pieces of information from your bill, below you can determine approximately what you will pay under the rate proposal.
Our mission is to exceed expectations by providing high quality water services in a safe, environmentally friendly, and efficient manner. Over the next two years, we will be advancing initiatives to improve our service to all of our customers. These initiatives include:
- Doubling DC Water's current investment in water and sewer infrastructure by FY2022, and tripling that investment by FY2027 to reduce the risk of water and sewer system failures for our customers
- Fully funding the Clean Rivers program
- Investing in Blue Plains with projects that upgrade screens, grit and primary facilities, the process control computer system, and rehabilitating aging concrete
- Increasing funds for fleet purchases to ensure crews have the equipment they need
- Investing $0.5 million in the Apprenticeship Program to support fifteen entry level positions
- Making the CAP2 (Customer Assistance Program) program permanent - to see if you qualify for this or other customer assistance programs, check here: www.dcwater.com/customer-assistance
- Holding the line on operating budget expenses; the FY2021 budget is within the previous financial plan forecast
- Taking advantage of low interest rates and current year savings to deliver rate increases that were smaller the previously forecasted